Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Easy Vanilla Cake

Posing...
This recipe is from Nisa's ! Cooking Is Easy ... was searching for a spongy,soft textured cake using less butter and wanted to try this and it came out so well and everybody at home just loved the cake and the texture was so soft..just can't tell in words...Makes a good tea time snack and now itz become my daughter's favourite snack for the short break in school.........All this credit goes to Nisa...Keep up the good work...

My sweet daughter helped me in greasing the tray for the cake...she loved to be around..and it was fun.

Ingredients:

Flour(Maida)- 2 1/4 cup
Sugar-1 1/2 cup
Butter-1/2 cup(100gm)
I used salted butter so didn't add salt..
Milk- 1 1/4 cup
Baking powder- 3 1/2 tsp
vanilla-1tsp
Eggs- 3no(room temperature)


Method:

1.Grease the cake pans with butter and dust with flour and keep it ready.
2.Sift the flour and baking powder atleast twice and keep it aside.
3.Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
4.Take the softened butter in a wide vessel and beat till soft.
5.Add the sugar and beat till you get a creamy mixture,add the eggs one by one and beat till you get a soft fluffy mixture,add the essence and mix for a minute.
6.Add the milk and flour alternating in 3 portions until all the flour and milk are added and scrape the sides of the vessel and give a fold and mix motion to the batter.NO VIGOUROUS MIXING.
7.Pour this into prepared tins and bake in the preheated oven for 45 mins to one hour,until a toothpick/knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
8.Cool the cake on a wire rack ,cut and serve.Enjoy!



3 comments:

Nisa Homey said...

Hi Sabina, Welcome to the blogging world...thanks a lot for trying out my recipe and for posting here...I also love to have my kids help when I am cooking...ur daughter looks happy to be helping u...I would appreciate if you would also add my blogs name Cooking Is Easy also...do keep visiting...following u.

Unknown said...

Thanku so much nisa for dropping by my blog...as am new to blogging these words boost my confidence level... i've bookmarked ur blog on my PC....even changed the link to the blog's name...

Nisa Homey said...

Thank you for following me....I hope u have a wonderful journey ahead....keep blogging.